2024-03-07 General Meeting

Yes, I seconded.

My vote was YES on the motion to have Working Class Unity sponsor The Solidarity Discord Server Reading Group, but I might have been slow to lower my hand, so it could’ve looked like I was abstaining.

I think there were nine of us in attendance, so the vote tallies are off by one.

Did anyone from @WCU_Steering respond to this?

SUGGESTED REPLY:

Hello Sacramento Valley Tenants Union,

Thank you for reaching out. It was really great to hear from your members, Thomas and Johanna, at the virtual conference. Our membership actually just voted, at a recent General Meeting, in favor of joining ATUN and submitting an affiliation request. There’s not a lot of us doing this kind of work/organizing, so it’s nice to know that we have neighbors engaged in the struggle with us. If any of you are ever in Stockton or Lodi, let us know.

In Solidarity,
Working Class Unity

Aside from Steering Committee Members having access to Stripe, the information in our financial records will also need to be readily available to the General Membership, without us having to make a request (See ARTICLE VI. STEERING COMMITTEE, SECTION 6: TREASURER, Subsection 4.2 of our Bylaws). For example, in order to draft a budget for a focus campaign or a side-quest proposal, individual members need to be able to see how much money we have, our current expenses, etc.

Also, with the introduction of dues, we need to create a process or have someone be responsible for verifying who is in good standing to vote, hold office, serve on a committee and propose business before those things take place.