Happy Trails, y'all

I hope this all finds you well.

(I am so sorry if this doesn’t make sense as a standalone subject; I had trouble finding a place that made good sense for it.)

So much of my life, because of having my home in one place and livelihood spread among many others, is spent in transit from one place to another. In the next few months I am relocating full time to Los Angeles in an attempt to consolidate all of those things. In the meantime, I don’t anticipate my schedule becoming any less scattered, and it is on this I blame my present inability to center for a minute long enough to become more meaningfully involved with the work of the fine folks represented in this group. I hope to show up for an action or two, and a meeting or two between now and departure, but I don’t anticipate any longer-form involvement with this group.

I say so, specifically, because I wanted to note that my involvement with y’all — thanks so much to Chris for bringing me in and to all for being so welcoming — has inspired me to seek out similarly oriented and disposed organizations in Los Angeles so that as I become more centered, I can find an outlet of constructive, collective community involvement there. If y’all have any recommendations regarding groups to seek out, I am all ears. Thanks so much to y’all for inspiring in me — reigniting in me — that pursuit. I know I wasn’t able to align on many meetings / meetups to date, but your impact has been meaningful. This isn’t goodbye, again, I hope to pop in / pop up as I am around, but just an indication of where I am at and will be in the coming months. Thanks, y’all, and gosh-speed in all pursuits.

Also, I wanted to note that I am reading Naomi Klein’s new book Doppelganger, which — as modern left texts go — is wonderful re: examining and understanding the shape and geography of our present moment. I can’t recommend it enough.

With love and solidarity,
Alex

2 Likes

You’ll probably find other Left-situated folks in the LA Tenants Union.

I haven’t read her new book yet, but yesterday, HipGnosis & I were talking about Pinochet/Allende/the military coup in Chile–the history of which was introduced to me through The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein.

Best Wishes,
collectivestruggle

1 Like

Actually having a direct connection better WCU and other orgs is pretty valuable.

Anyway, I’m glad to see that you’re getting yourself centered and still interested in committed to the struggle!

-in solidarity

Oh actually I’m gonna go DL that book right now